UNIV OF TEXAS DALLAS TUTORS
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to work out the time and prepay before the session by clicking on the buttons on the right.
Don't see your courses? Click here, and we will find a tutor within 1-3 days
Hourly Rate: $50 per hour
Tutor in-Person and Online
1) 1-1 Tutoring In-Person and Online for ACT, SAT, PSAT, AP, SAT subject tests
2) 1-1 Tutoring in-Person and Online for High School Algebra, Geometry, Precalculus, Calculus BC, Physics 1, Physics C: Mechanics, Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism, Modern Physics
3) 1-1 Tutoring Online for courses ACED at UTD (During School Year)
4) 1-1 Tutoring Online for courses PLACED OUT at UTD (During School Year)
ACT Scores: Composite 34
SAT Scores: Composite 1540
PSAT Scores: AP Physics 1, 5; AP Physics C Mechanics, 5; AP Physics C Electricity and Magnetism, 5; AP English Language, 5; AP Computer Science, 5; AP BC Calculus, 5
SAT Subject Test Scores: Math Level 2, 800; Physics, 780
TUTORING FOR COURSES ACED AT UTD
CHEM 1315, Honors Freshman Chemistry; CHEM 1115 Honors Freshman Chemistry Lab I;
CHEM 1316, Honors Freshman Chemistry 2; CHEM 1116, Honors Freshman Chem Lab 2;
COMM 1311, Survey of Oral and Technology-Based Communications;
HIST 1301, US History Survey to Civil War;
HIST 1302, US History Survey from Civil War;
LIT 2331, Masterpieces of World Literature;
MATH 2418, Linear Algebra
MATH 2419, Calculus II;
PHYS 2303, Contemporary Physics
TUTORING FOR COURSES PLACED OUT AT UTD
CS 1336 Programming Fundamentals, AP Computer Science, 5;
CS 1337 Computer Science 1, AP Computer Science, 5;
MATH 2312 Precalculus, AP BC Calculus, 5;
MATH 2417 Calculus 1, AP BC Calculus, 5;
PHYS 1101 College Physics Laboratory 1, AP Physics 1, 5;
PHYS 1301 College Physics 1, AP Physics 1, 5;
PHYS 2125 Physics Laboratory 1, AP Physics C: Mechanics, 5;
PHYS 2126 Physics Laboratory 2, AP Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism, 5;
PHYS 2325 Mechanics, AP Physics C: Mechanics, 5;
PHYS 2326 Electromagnetism and Waves, AP Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism, 5;
RHET 1302 Rhetoric, AP English Language, 5;
PAST TUTORING EXPERIENCE
Formally, I tutored my peers as both a Writing Center Tutor and a Peer Tutor in the BC Calculus Series, Modern Physics, and in both Physics C courses in preparation for the AP exam. I worked in both of these centers during 2016-2018 for around 3 hours a week each, both in-hall and online. During my time at UTD, I put together study guides and ran study groups in preparation for large tests in a course on American History and helped students steadily raise their scores through the Spring 2019 semester. In all, the time spent amounts to around 30 hours spent online and offline.
Informally, I've tutored some of my peers during high school in preparation for the PSAT, as well as the siblings of my friends in preparation for the AP Physics 1 test during 2018, all online for a cumulative 6-8 hours each.
WHY I WANT TO TUTOR, HONORS & FUN FACTS
I enjoy helping others excel and seeing my peers able to tackle problems effectively with the knowledge and skills they've developed, as both the feeling of knowing I helped someone attain higher scores or made it easier for them to pursue other interests is immensely gratifying. I'm a humanist, putting great stock in the ability of my peers to shine when given the proper support to do so, and in the same way my personal ambitions point me towards trying to make the world a better place through my work and hobbies, I want to tutor others so that their successes may collectively make the future a better place.
National Merit Finalist Scholarship to UTD. Dean's List consecutive semesters at UTD.
Medals in state and regional events in High School Science Olympiad and Math Team. Completion of the KUMON Math Program.
Fun Facts about Me:
1. I write creative fiction and poetry in my free time, especially within the realm of speculative fiction, and I channel this energy into writing for contests and designing dungeons and adventures for a game of Dungeons and Dragons I run for my friends that I hope to turn into an indie game in the future.
2. I also dabble in art, primarily in sketching and digital painting, and mostly produce fantasy maps as a part of this hobby.
3. Lastly, I'm very much into music, having spent much of my childhood learning piano and taking voice lessons on and off, and I channel that energy into composition.