UCLA COLLEGE TUTORS
Don't see your courses? Click here, and we will find a tutor within 1-3 days
Email me at email@example.com to set up the time and prepay before the session by clicking the button on the right.
Hourly Rate: $25 per hour for 1-1 Tutoring
Offers In-Person or Online.
In-Person during school year at UCLA.
In-Person during summer, May 14-Sept 20, at Riverside, CA
1-1 Tutoring for Mathematics Courses -
Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus AB, Calculus BC
SAT Prep - Scored 790 in Math, 720 in Reading and Writing
AP Calculus AB and BC Prep - Scored 4 on BC and 5 on AB
SAT Subject Test Prep - Scored 770 on Math Subject Test II
I have tutored high school students in mathematics for the classes Pre-Calculus, Calculus AB, and Calculus BC, as well as for the SAT in both the Math and Reading Sections. Students have come to my house for 1 hour sessions, and I have completed over 30 hours of math and 2 hours of SAT Reading and Writing. I started in November of 2017 prepping two students for their Pre-Calculus final in one-hour sessions twice a week, and am currently prepping a student for the June SAT date.
WHY I WANT TO TUTOR
I want to tutor students in mathematics because I would like to share my expertise and passion for math with others. Students should have the opportunity to perform well on high level math tests that give them the best opportunity to succeed at the next level, and my services will help them achieve this goal.
3 FUN FACTS ABOUT ME, AND HONORS & AWARDS
1) I am a four year varsity baseball player and an avid baseball and basketball fan.
2) I have been classically trained for 10 years on the piano and love to be exposed to new music.
3) I love travel and have visited 7 countries in Central America and Europe.
Volunteer & Community Service-
- Riverside Community Parks holds a youth baseball camp every year to help less fortunate kids learn to play baseball, many for the first time. 9th, 11th
- Riverside Public Libraries: The organization runs the public libraries in Riverside, and my responsibilities were shelving, retrieving books, and assisting customers. 9th, 10th Riverside Parks and Recreation This organization runs the public recreation facilities in Riverside. My responsibilities were clerical duties like filing, typing, and organization.
- 10th Grade Awards & Honors: National Honors Society Selection
- 9th-12th Grades: California Math League - Compete as a school against other schools calculating math problems.
- 9th-12th Grades: AP Academy - A concentration of courses that are designed to mimic the collegiate experience in high school, in my case the business concentration.
- 10th-12th Grades: Link Crew - Upperclassmen mentor a group of freshmen over the course of the school year.