- ISBE, IL State Board of Education, Math Content Consultant
- ISBE’s Online Impact – Virtual Professional Development to Administration and Facilitator
- EdTech Leaders Online - Adjunct Instructor, Algebraic Thinking in the Elementary Schools
- ISAT Consulting with Pearson Publishing. Wrote assessment questions aligned to Common Core Standards
- Common Core consulting and training with over 50 School Districts in IL.
Services Offered -
For Parents: Consultation on elearning supplementation and homeschooling
For Students: Tutoring for K-2 in Math.
Tutoring for 3rd - 5th grade in E-Learning and Math
Tutoring for 6th - 8th grade in Math
Tutoring for High School Algebra
I am passionate about education and enjoy working in a tutoring situation to meet the needs of my students and families. I have a unique perspective of the education system as I have taught in the classroom, as a professor at the collegiate level and provide professional development for teachers at the regional and state level.
Why I Want to Tutor
I want to help families and students who are struggling with distance learning and provide more depth and/or rigorous work. It keeps me grounded to work with students and to keep up with the latest research, technology and strategies. I learn something new every time I work with individuals and I am a life long learner. I am a caring individual with a growth mindset. I like to meet students where they are at and help them grow.
Honors & Awards
- Published Author with Pieces of Learning on Math Differentiation.
- Worked for PARCC reviewing and writing questions.
- Worked as Math Content specialist for IL State Board of Education.
- Consult in schools or virtually to help make the case for better math instruction.
3 Fun Facts About Me
1) I love being outdoors including fishing and boating.
2) I have a 6 year old son, who is my little buddy.